Tuesday, February 23, 2010

MAKING CUPCAKES

We celebrated our belated Valentine's day last night. It was lovely, full of kisses and cupcakes! I must admit that the cupcakes turned out really well! :-) Oh and we watched Up. One of the most darling animations I had ever seen. Have you seen it? Did you cry over the first thirty minutes, or it is just me?!

Okay... Here is the recipe for you :


Ingredients:
3 eggs
200 grams sugar
300 grams (2 medium) apples
100 grams unsalted butter
50 grams vegetable oil
50 grams hazelnuts (powdered)
15 grams cocoa powder
100 grams plain flour
50 grams rice flour
2 tablespoons baking powder 
And a pinch of salt...




First peel off the apples and mash them. In a medium bowl whisk the eggs for about two minutes, then add the mashed apples, sugar, melted butter and oil, and whisk for two more minutes.

In another bowl mix together the plain flour, rice flour, cocoa powder, baking powder, salt and hazelnuts powder. It's better if you do it by a sifter. 

Mix all the ingredients and whisk until all combine. 
Bake at 350F for about half and hour. 




I will share the upshot photos and icing recipe soon today.
Have a deliciously beautiful day, lovelies!
xo


---

8 comments:

Sarah said...

Oh my gosh! Thanks for this! They look so yummy. The photography is so beautiful, as always. The pictures make me want to shut the computer and go make these :)

Unknown said...

These look so good! And the hazelnuts, amazing!

Cait said...

Aw, I'm glad your celebration was good!
I didn't get to see Joel on Valentine's day, but when I got to the house where the Bible study I help lead was at, I found out that he had been there before me earlier in the day to leave flowers! So surprising and precious.

I love your artistic, calm photos!

Tina said...

I totally cried during the first 30 minutes of Up. I wasn't sure about the movie when we first started watching it, but the beginning alone made me love it.

avant garde design said...

hi :) i found your blog through la porte rouge's blog (which i cannot get enough of) and glad i did! your images are fun, exquisite, lovely and made me smile. i'll be back often!

emily said...

love this. they look amazing!! and yes, i did cry in the first 30 minutes of up :P

Dario said...

I want them! Do you make some for me? I promise to bring flowery papers for them!
love you

Daisy said...

Lovely photos, this has made me want to go and bake ! I think I shall!