Wednesday, July 7, 2010

CORNER VIEW : SATURDAY

05 July


04 July




Saturday is the first day of week here in Iran. It has nothing to do with holiday or small road trips or other things you mostly do on this day. It's just a day that school kids don't like at all! And for me a day like any other days. 

 ... My mother used to weave carpet. Then she had wrist pain and stopped doing that. But it's nice to me that now I have lots of beautiful fibers! 

These photos are taken on "Saturday". 
:)




---

11 comments:

Unknown said...

Lovely photos and a bit sad words...are you ok?

Dorte said...

The colors of those carpet fibers are gorgeous ...

inna karenina said...

beautiful photos! love all the colours on them:)

jane said...

how interesting. in spain the week starts on sunday and in the states in starts on monday... (or is it the other way around...) love the differences :) happy day dear!

Daisy said...

Lovely lovely photos.. I think I may be coming to Iran this summer or maybe before christmas ! I hope you are well and having a lovely day!

Daisy said...

Also, you said you could not see the photos on my blog, I wanted to know if you can see them now..I am now uploading them with Flickr ! x

Kari said...

such beautiful colors and fibers. And what a skill to be able to weave carpet.

Don said...

Now I know something I didn't know a minute ago. Beautiful fiber.

Jeanne-ming Brantingham said...

I always smile when I read about your Momma. It is a pleasure to have a beautiful collection of fibers and an even greater joy to have an artistic daughter who appreciates these simple beauties right in our own home.

blogaloorgirl said...

the first photo is stunning!

Nicomi Nix Turner said...

These shots are wonderful! Love the texture!